Welcome

The dog blog "dlog" to discuss all things K-9, featuring the latest dog news from around the World.
You can write to
DoggieFile@gmail.com or leave a comment.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The word from the top.

Read about the UK Kennel Club's shock collar campaign here. 

It does make me ask the question though if the end justifies the means. If it saves a family dog from getting run over because it learns (very quickly I imagine) to stay within a certain perimeter) then isn't that a good thing. As soon I write this though, I think this would only apply to kind, responsible dog owners. There will always be cruel freaks who will put an unnecessarily high voltage shock onto a disproportionally small dog. I also now feel there's a difference between a shock collar for use with a perimeter as opposed to a shock collar used for barking. I really do think that's barbaric. Hmm, more to learn about this topic me thinks.

No comments: